I woke up at 4:30 a.m. as Hubby was leaving for work; got out of bed and began watching the voting news. It still had not been decided just who was going to win the election, but it was pretty clear by the electoral votes that President Bush was going to be reelected. Around 10:00 a.m., while I was at work, the CNN and MSNBC "breaking news" emails came to my desk announcing Kerry had called President Bush and was to give a concession speech at noon. President George W. Bush had won the presidential election beating challenger John Kerry, Senator from Massachusetts. Yea! That bit of news, however, began a long day at work for me for everyone else in the office had voted for the Democrats. One staff member said something to the extent of: "I can't believe I have to live with that idiot for another four years." and then proceeded to act as if they were gagging. I was given credit at the end of the day for not gloating about my candidate's win. That made me feel a bit better, but still the mood in the office was a bit tense all day.
Later came the worries that I have after every election. Will the economy get better? Will health care and prescriptions become more affordable? Was my vote the best for my kids and their spouses safety and future?
I can only hope the President will make decisions that will have a positive affect on my family and our country. I believe my vote was the correct one. I'm proud that I voted for President Bush and tonight I'll get a little more sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment