There were cards for Mother and Dad, daughter and son-in-law, son and daughter-in-law, cards you'd buy for your friends celebrating a wedding anniversary and those celebrating many years of wedded bliss; 25, 50 and so on. I was having trouble finding a card I liked as they only had three that said "Mom and Dad" and none that said "Happy 55th Anniversary, Mom and Dad!". As I stepped back to make sure I hadn't missed that perfect card, something caught my eye. Go ahead. Take a look at this photo.
![]() | |||||||||||||||||||||
| Anniversary cards - Dillons, Lawrence, KS - August 11, 2010 |
There has to be a good story behind this card arrangement. Maybe in the sympathy card section there is a beautiful anniversary card, switched by some ornery person like myself. Nah. I don't think that would be nearly as funny. Or was it just an oversight by the card stocker? Is someone trying to tell us that their marriage was more like the death of them? Is it a warning to those that are single and purchasing an anniversary card for a friend? Maybe the wedding card should be first in this line up, followed by the anniversary card, followed by the sympathy card. I don't know what's taken place here, but it made me laugh.
Stopping to take the photo also made me late to pick up my daughter, so I didn't get a card purchased for my parents. They only had three that said "Mom and Dad" anyway and I didn't like either of those. Do they make "Belated Happy 55th Anniversary, Mom and Dad" cards?

No comments:
Post a Comment