Thursday, July 12, 2012

Things That Make Me Go Hmmmmm...


Recently I've noticed this annoying development at our local Walmart: Boxes turned with the end flap pointed out toward the customer.  The first items I noticed displayed in this manner were storage bags.  It's now spreading across the store.  Why?

So tempting... July 8, 2012 ~ Walmart


This toothpaste display I found with boxes in both directions, which I'll call the "right" way and the "wrong" way, because that's just how it is.  Every last box of storage bags were displayed the wrong way.  There was no way to distinguish between a quart bag, a sandwich bag, or a freezer bag until you pulled them off of the shelf.  In my typical oldest-child-wants-to-make-sure-everyone-is-happy manner, I stood there and turned one of every variation of Great Value storage bag boxes in the right direction so the next shopper wouldn't have to play the guessing game.  Had my Hubby not been bearing down on me ready to head for home, the toothpaste boxes would have also been turned in the right direction.

I suppose, somewhere, a Walmart employee is being given high praise for thinking outside the box and turning around the way they display boxed items. Does it save space?  Not by my calculations of four boxes in the wrong direction taking up about as much room as four boxes facing in the right direction.   Is this the worst thing I have to worry about?  No.  But it's the one with the quickest, cheapest solution.  If you see this happening in a store near you, join me in my "Turn the Boxes Around So I Can Find My Damn Storage Bag" crusade.


3 comments:

  1. Thinking outside the box? I don't think Wally World even knows there's a box. The only time they "think outside the box" is when they're trying figure out how to screw over the employees... again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:47 PM

    Heck, just push all of the turned the wrong way boxes to the back of the shelf! That'll learn them!

    I wish Coke or Pepsi would learn how to stack their 12pack boxes as well. Can't grab the d*mn box when the "handle" is on the side. I cuss every time! Love ya! ~E

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with ya, sister!

    ReplyDelete