Today is the last day of summer for 5 year old Sugar. She begins 1st grade tomorrow. Holey Moley. Sugar was with her Daddy yesterday and today as her mom, a teacher, began work yesterday. Trying to make her last day of summer special, Daddy treated Sugar to her beloved macaroni and cheese pizza for lunch, licked her way through a chocolate and vanilla ice cream cone at DQ with Gamma, got a new basket of plastic food (21 Pringles!), used her new ice cream making cup Daddy bought for her, and had a bit of popcorn Gampa made for her. (Uhhh, wait a minute...so we went for a mile walk - round trip - to the playground and went to a movie yesterday. It wasn't all about food!)
As I was fixing Sugar's hair this evening for her big day, I mentioned to her that she was a bit spoiled with all of the celebrating she'd done today. She breaks into a big smile, throws her arms out to her side, and said, "Yeah. I'm living - dramatic pause - like a queen!"
So you are, sweetie. So you are.
No comments:
Post a Comment