The first thing that comes to mind is, I'm getting sleepy. I haven't been up this late in quite awhile. But I felt the need tonight. My son's been upset over a relationship breaking up since February and he wasn't doing well when I got ready to go to bed an hour and a half ago. Making things worse, he was out of cigarettes and money. I loaned him a few bucks. Against my better judgement, but he doesn't need nicotine withdrawal on top of depression. So, I'm sitting here passing time and keeping myself awake. *yawn*
Tomorrow begins a four day weekend with Memorial Day on Monday. Hubby and I cancelled our plans for the annual campout at the grandparents farm, so we're going to try a little wallpaper removal and painting. Neither of us has taken down wallpaper before, but I don't think it will be too difficult. From the spot where one of my nieces removed a small strip a year or two ago, it looks as if it will come off easily and there isn't anything behind it except sheetrock. I've painted a room once in my 50 years. This should bed (Freudian slip?!?) - be - interesting. We're going to start in the hallway, where it's not noticeable to folks *yawn* walking in the front door. And we don't have any idea what color we want to paint the hallway *yawn*. It will eventually be on the livingroom walls as well, so we have to keep that in mind when we choose the paint. I'll post before and after photos...if I live through the process.
Tomorrow begins a four day weekend with Memorial Day on Monday. Hubby and I cancelled our plans for the annual campout at the grandparents farm, so we're going to try a little wallpaper removal and painting. Neither of us has taken down wallpaper before, but I don't think it will be too difficult. From the spot where one of my nieces removed a small strip a year or two ago, it looks as if it will come off easily and there isn't anything behind it except sheetrock. I've painted a room once in my 50 years. This should bed (Freudian slip?!?) - be - interesting. We're going to start in the hallway, where it's not noticeable to folks *yawn* walking in the front door. And we don't have any idea what color we want to paint the hallway *yawn*. It will eventually be on the livingroom walls as well, so we have to keep that in mind when we choose the paint. I'll post before and after photos...if I live through the process.
No comments:
Post a Comment