The next stop was a big concession for Hubby. We went shopping. He didn't mind too much since we had to spend some time in Target before the clothing store opened and Target has computer and kitchen items. While I shopped for jeans he took my coat (it was sunny and 71 degrees by 3:00), the Target shopping bag and went to the car to nap. Yep, he's a good shopper.
Lunch was spent with my Mom and Dad, son, DIL, granddaughter, two aunts, two uncles and a couple of second cousins at a local restaurant. We had a great time chit-chatting and eating. Mom and Dad and the son and family came to the house after lunch for a brief visit. They never stay long enough. I think it has something to do with their headlights not working, just as my dad's mom's headlights never worked on her car when she'd visit them.
The daughter and SIL joined us for supper as did DIL's brother, where the eight of us enjoyed some barbque. After chowing down on pulled pork, sausage, chicken, fries and salads, we returned to the house for brownies, ice cream and a game of "Things". That game gets wild and crazy.
Not only did I get to spend a lot of time with all of my family, I also heard from relatives and friends by cards, phone, email and Facebook messages. Both of my kids sent me text messages and my granddaughter sang to me over her daddy's phone with a little help from her mom. My brother and his son called and sang to me Monday evening. My sister and one of her daughters called and sang to me. There were dozens of message on Facebook. You'd think I'd had a milestone birthday. Nope, not this year.
By the time everyone had gone home, I was pleasantly tuckered out. And then, just as I was getting in bed, here comes a call from another of my nieces singing "Happy Birthday". What a great birthday!
GammaMoo and my Son Nyu
March 23, 2010

No comments:
Post a Comment