Monday, March 29, 2010

The Perfect Pair

I sang: "I Want You To Want Me, I Need You To Need Me"

He replied in song:  "Baby I'm A Want You, Baby I'm A Need You"

I love that man.

I Want You To Want Me
Recorded by:  Cheap Trick

I want you to want me
I need you to need me
I'd love you to love me
I'm begging you to beg me
I want you to want me
I need you to need me
I'd love you to love me

I'll shine up my old brown shoes
I'll put on a brand new shirt
I'll come home early from work
If you say that you love me

Didn't I, didn't I
Didn't I see you cryin'
Oh, didn't I, didn't I
Didn't I see you cryin'

Felling all alone without a friend
You know you feel like dying
Oh, didn't I, didn't I
Didn't I see you cryin'

I want you to want me
I need you to need me
I'd love you to love me
I'm begging you to beg me

I'll shine up my old brown shoes
I'll put on a brand new shirt
I'll come home early from work
If you say that you love me

Didn't I, didn't I
Didn't I see you cryin'
Oh, didn't I, didn't I
Didn't I see you cryin'
Feeling all alone without a friend
You know you feel like dying
Oh, didn't I, didn't I
Didn't I see you cryin'

Felling all alone without a friend
You know you feel like dying
Oh, didn't I, didn't I
Didn't I see you cryin'

I want you to want me
I need you to need me
I'd love you to love me
I'm begging you to beg me

You can watch Cheap Trick perform this song here.



Baby I'm-A Want You
Recorded by:  Bread

Baby, I'm-a want you
Baby, I'm-a need you
You the only one I care enough to hurt about
Maybe I'm-a crazy
But I just can't live without...

Your lovin' and affection
Givin' me direction
Like a guiding light to help me through a darkest hour
Lately I'm a-prayin'
That you'll always be a-stayin' beside me

Used to be my life was just emotions passing by
Feeling all the while and never really knowing why...
Lately I'm a-prayin'
That you'll always be a-stayin' beside me.

Used to be my life was just emotions passing by
Then you came along and made me laugh
And made me cry...
You taught me why...

Baby, I'm-a want you
Baby, I'm-a need you
Oh, it took so long to find you, baby

Baby, I'm-a want you
Baby, I'm-a need you

You can see a 1972 performance of this song by Bread here.

No comments:

Post a Comment