Friday, September 17, 2010

The week in review

Holy moley, as I like to say.  This has been a crazy week.  Not that there have been a dozen incidents to talk about, but more the intensity of the few events.  And it's not officially over yet.  Here are the highlights:

  • The transition from solely the business operations person for NSO to the business operations person for both NSO and University Career Center (UCC) has begun.  My Monday was spent in the UCC office meeting staff, attending meetings, receiving a tour and a final overview of their income, expenses and procedures.  Then the emails began coming in with little tasks to take care of: travel, adding a student to their payroll, getting access to various systems for their accounts, etc.  And nothing is easy.  It took seven people to give me an answer to a purchasing question.  I said I'd give it a try.  Whoo boy...
  • The granddaughter spent Tuesday afternoon with me.  Now that sure turned around the Monday doldrums.  She's always happy to see me and, sometimes, even squeals with delight when I walk in the door.  Her progress is amazing with regards to her vocabulary and motor skills.  She loves to sing and listen to "moosick" and, lucky girl that she is, gets to play Gampas guitars.  She strums, uses the "pick" and cradles the neck in her hand, moving her cute little fingers up and down on the strings.  "Twinkle Twinkle, Little Star" is a favorite of hers and she can sing it nearly word for word and in tune.  She was over last night to see me before I head out of town for a couple of days, and gave me some sweet, applesauce-rimmed kisses during her supper.  Can you tell I'm smitten?
  • I've spent some time working with my digital SLR camera this week trying to figure out all of the settings and get a good photo.  This camera is my third digital camera working up from a Canon A95, which I still love to use, to a Sony Mavica that stored photos on a 3" disc.   How technology has changed.  And it confuses me.  To me, you should be able to set the camera on "Auto" and get a perfect photo.  I don't find that to be true with the Sony A300.  Photos are blurry and blue.  The manual that came with the camera is lost, so I've been reading a book on the Sony A300 and I think I'm slowly figuring this thing out.  At least I've been able to get some good photos of the granddaughter and Hubby.  This is important because of my weekend plans.
  • This evening I'll stop by the club and have supper with Hubby before heading to Salina.  I'll spend the night with the folks and then continue on to PVille to visit my sister, her daughters and her Sigoth (significant other).  My brother and his son are going to join us.  It's not all play.  Brother and I will be taking photos of the oldest niece in hopes of capturing her senior photo.  No pressure here.

No comments:

Post a Comment