Sunday, November 07, 2010

Hugs and Kisses

This past Tuesday evening Son and his wife and daughter joined us for supper.  It was nothing that special, just chili dogs made from the left over hot dogs from our end-of-summer Sunday evening hot dog roast.

As usual, Granddaughter was seated to my right, around the corner of the table.  With her face smeared with chili and a fist full of hot dog, Granddaughter leaned over to me for a hug.  I met her half-way.  She sat up and chewed a bit and then leaned over again, just resting her head on my shoulder, as I again leaned half-way to meet her.  This happened four or five times and the last two times she said "I uv ooo." as she rested her head on me and I kissed the top of her curly-haired head.  Talk about melting my heart.  That did it.

Granddaughter
Halloween, 2010

Granddaughter was in a very lovey dovey mood that evening and as they were leaving, gave everyone kisses good-bye.  First me, then Gampa, them Daddy, then Mommy, then me, then Gampa, then Mommy, then Daddy, etc.  I think she made four rounds.  Then she waved and said "See ya!" as they walked out our door for home.

*Sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment