Saturday, November 06, 2010

I've Got A Secret!

Remember that show from the 1950/60's, "I've Got A Secret"?  I can remember watching Gary Moore and the gang with my Grandparents.  Well for over a month now, Hubby and I have had a secret.  Our daughter and her husband are going to have a baby in May, 2011!  Do you know how many times I wanted to tell someone, but couldn't because they wanted to tell Grandparents, Aunts and Uncles and friends first?  So yesterday, Daughter's best friends were told and I got the green light to make my announcement on Facebook.  It wasn't two minutes after I got the go ahead that I texted it to FB for all of my friends and relatives to see.


Daughter and Son-in-Law
May 9, 2010
Mother's Day

We've known since October 2nd when the kids and granddaughter were here for supper.  Son had made beer butt chicken (interesting cooking process) for our supper.  The food was being passed around the table and I was putting something on the bar behind me so was turned sideways to my family when Daughter said, "I'm not sure I can eat the beer butt chicken since I'm pregnant."  "What?!?", I said.  Daughter-in-law squealed with delight. Son and Hubby were giving Daughter and Son-in-Law congratulations and Granddaughter began bawling.  I gave her a hug and told her not to worry, she will always have been the first grandchild. Apparently all the noise startled her, for I know she didn't understand she'd now be sharing her grandparents and parents and aunt and uncle with another baby.  None the less, it was funny.

So we're anxiously counting down the days until May 13.  Daughter and Son-in-Law heard the baby's heartbeat on October 20, which happens to be Son-in-Law's birthday.  What a nice present that was for him.  There were already a couple of books in my hallway closet for their first child, but I've picked up a baby book since the announcement and am going to buy things along the way after they find out if they're having a boy or a girl.

Two grandchildren.  Wow!  That's one for each knee and I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment