- When the loaner car was delivered it was about 2.5 hours after it was to arrive. The service manager (SM) called me once to let me know it would be about an hour and a half longer than he had planned. I called service manager an hour after the second arrival time and let him know I had to be somewhere in about an hour and a half. In the meantime, I told myself I should have asked for a red Impala, since they seemed to be so eager to please me. Imagine my surprise when I heard the vehicles in my drive and looked out to see a red Impala. Yippee!
- The executive service manager (ESM) and the (lowly) service manager proceeded to tell me they wanted to make things right and wanted me to be happy with my car. The ESM said he'd driven my car. "You did?, I asked. "How far?" He replied, "Not very. We're going to replace the tranny." We chatted about that for a bit and I pointed out that this would be the third transmission in my 2008 van. I said I'd visit with hubby about that and let them know. Then I called my readers and got their opinon. Basically one said "It's a lemon." and the other said "Stick to your guns."
- Hubby and I decided to have the transmission replaced with the "new" rebuilt transmission. I'd been told the warranty on our car would remain the same with the same expiration dates (5 years or 100,000 miles) and that they don't have new transmissions for that particular vehicle. They only manufacture as many as the numbers of the vehicle they were making and they no longer make our vehicle.
- But the longer I thought about it, the less it made sense to me. So this morning I crafted another email and sent it to SM explaining that we would let them install this "new" rebuilt transmission with one stipulation: we get the 5 year/100,000 mile warranty on it. They're shorting me on the warranty and this is going to be the third transmission: a new one followed by a "new" rebuilt and the one they're proposing to put in my car. The first two have conked out with less than 50,000 miles on them. I'm not that sold on the idea of a third and I'm sure they could understand my concern. I've also told SM twice that if we get a "new" rebuilt transmission and it lurches even once, the car's going back to them and we'll be talking different car. Then I placed a phone call about an hour and a half later to get SM's response.
- At this time, they are contacting the manufacturer's "fix stop manager" (FSM) to see if they can extend the warranty as I've requested. It's out of their hands at the dealership.
2019 in Review
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment