For January, it was a warm day. The sun was shining. And we were getting married after five l-o-n-g months of dating. Family and friends were there to wish us good luck. Mom had made most of the attendant's dresses. Dad walked me down the aisle. Hubby's brother said Hubby was robbing the cradle. A smile and hug from my maternal grandmother meant the world to me. We left the church holding hands and smiling as we headed to Mom and Dad's for a reception where we opened gifts. Yep, right there with the guests present. Later Hubby and I went to a local club where the band played "The Beer Barrel Polka" for us. It may not be the most romantic song, heck, the only thing remotely romantic about it is that it is a song. However, I
can remember what song we danced to that night.
Thirty-five years later we're still together, holding hands while we laugh and cry through whatever life hands us. Here are the best and most important results of our years together, and the ones that bring us the most pride - our family:
Son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter
Christmas ~ 2010
Daughter, son-in-law and Blueberry (grandchild due in May)
Christmas ~ 2010
On our 35th anniversary.
January 17, 2010
Happy Anniversary, Hubby!
It has been a real roller-coaster ride for us, but at least we had each other to throw up with when the ride got too wild. I'm sorry for the bad times and glad we could share some good ones. I can't think of anyone that I'd rather share it all with. Love you baby!
ReplyDelete