Monday, February 21, 2011

Monday Morning Meanderings

Random thoughts running through the meadows of my mind this morning.
  • Why don't people RSVP?  It's a simple concept.  You received an invitation in the mail to an event.  Please let me know if you'll be there so I can save you a piece of cake.  Of the thirty or so invitations I mailed to a baby shower, I've heard from three in the email option of replying.  Others I finally asked if they were coming.
  • Why do some people seemingly sail through life with nothing but fair winds behind them, while others are tossed into the perfect storm on a regular basis?
  • Squirrel!
  • With digital cameras, everyone is a photographer, thereby taking the fun out of owning a digital camera and, for that matter, photography to some extent.
  • Does eight years of higher education really surpass 12 years of experience on the job?  Position requirements would make one think so, but I'm not so sure.
  • Why do all the cell phones I want require a data plan?  There are so few cool phones on Verizon without that requirement.
  • Why was I given the Senior Citizen discount at Coyote Canyon yesterday morning WITHOUT being asked for my ID?  And finally, speaking of getting older...
  • If the hippocampus, which houses your memory capabities, shrinks as you age, as I heard on NPR this morning, I must be very old, because mine is more like a gnatcampus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment