Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Secrets

Most times my granddaughter is over, I tell her a little secret at some point during her visit.  It's not much, but it starts with "Gamma..." and always ends with "...loves you very much!" and a kiss.  She had been here yesterday for Tuesdays with Gampa, and stayed for supper with her parents. Their furnace had gone out during the day and it was a balmy 59 degrees in their house.  After getting the pilot light lit again, they came over for a few hours giving the house time to warm up a bit.

Granddaughter was sitting on my lap after I had read one of her favorite books, "Grandma Loves Me".  (It was given to me.  Really.  I didn't buy it!)  I asked her if she wanted to hear a secret and she nodded and leaned her curly-haired head next to mine.  I whispered a secret in her ear and asked if she had a secret for Gamma.  She nodded again, leaned over to my ear and whispered, "...(unintelligible)..."her name"...(unintelligible)...loves you much." and ended her secret with a little kiss on my cheek.

That will melt the snow off of your heart.

A big 'ol hug for Gamma ~ February 4, 2011

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:48 PM

    She does have a special way of sharing the warmth, doesn't she?

    ReplyDelete