Today ended up being a sick day for me as Gampa was sick and I was called upon to watch Sugar for the day. I can't remember the last time I spent an entire day with her alone. It was probably before the divorce. Anyway, after Gampa said he just wanted to go to bed, I decided I'd better take the entire day off.
After a good-morning hug, Rice Krispies, changing out of her snuggly, fleece pajamas, and brushing teeth, Sugar and I started our day with a trip to the Dept. of Motor Vehicles. There were just three more days before my driver's license expired so I'd already taken the morning off from work to get that taken care of. Sugar was such a good girl and occupied her time by listening to me read two short books, drawing a picture for Gampa, and running back and forth between the monitor we watched our number on and my chair.
We headed home and grabbed a bite of lunch: Franco American Spaghetti and Meatballs, applesauce, and grape juice - for Sugar. I can't eat that FASM. Then we talked movies. I pulled up the listing for the $2 theatre and gave Sugar a choice between "
Wreck-It Ralph" and "
Rise of the Guardians". I'd never heard of the last one, but Sugar had already seen it and made it known she wanted to go see it again. She sat in her seat the entire movie (first time for her to go to a movie with one of us), laughing, clapping, visiting with the boy next to her about the plot, and leaning on my shoulder. There may have been an M&M or two consumed as well. At one point during the movie, Sugar leaned over and said, "I'm having fun, Gamma." As was I.
We got in the car, me with a thought of going to JCPenney's, but as we headed down the street, Sugar said, "I want to go home, Gamma." "We are," I replied. She was asleep within five minutes.
Those are the best days ever!
ReplyDeleteawwww A PERFECT day! ~Ejo
ReplyDelete