Sunday, March 24, 2013

Just When You Think They Aren't Paying Attention


The granddaughters were busy playing with Barbies this afternoon on the family room floor, when it reminded me of a story on "Sunday Morning" today.  The girls weren't paying a bit of attention to the adults.  I began telling the story to my daughter and son-in-law who hadn't watched the show.

So there's this 76 year old grandmother who has about 100 books published and is making a good living at her retirement job.  She began reading a few paragraphs of her latest novel to Bill Geist, the segment's correspondent.  Mr. Geist is obviously surprised to hear some of the story line and a few of the words are bleeped out.  This dear old grandmother writes romantic soft porn, I explained.

As soon as I'd uttered those last three words, Sugar pipes up, "What is romanatic soft porn?"  Geezus, I hope she doesn't go home and ask her mom, because I didn't answer the question.  We were too busy laughing at the realization we need to be careful what we say around those little ears, even if they don't seem to be listening.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:01 PM

    I was giggling during that segment, as John watched in horror. Mr Geist's reactions were priceless. Makes me giggle just picturing his face while she read some passages. LMAO! ~EJo

    ReplyDelete