Friday, June 13, 2014

The Things Sugar Says

Sugar and I took a stroll around the neighborhood this evening.  We talked about what a nice evening it was for a walk and girl talk and and stopped to smell some honeysuckle (Gamma, it smells like honey!).  I  snapped some blurry photos of a purple thistle flower and Sugar took a better focused shot of my backside.  Then I picked a stem of those little white flowers on that long, weedy, thin stalk and put it in her hair.

Sugar told me to stay where I was, but not wanting her to get too far away, I followed her at about ten feet back.  She wanted a stem of white flowers for me and I helped her find  one to her liking.

She handed it to me very sweetly and said, "Gamma, these are for you when Gampa dies and you marry another man."  

I told Sugar I don't want her worrying about people dying.  And she repeated the purpose of the flowers again. 

Good heavens.  What is going on in her little head?

No comments:

Post a Comment