
It's nearly ten a.m. on January 3, 2010, and it's snowing...again. My mantra in the winter has always been "Let it snow!", but I am teetering on the brink of saying "enough already with the snow" this year. It began on Christmas Eve with a blizzard, dropping around 10" of the pretty white stuff on us and blowing our Christmas plans out of the water with 30 - 40 mph winds. No trip to be with the family in Salina this year. Since then it has snowed another 2" and another 1" and last night, another 3". If you do the math, you'll find that's 16" of snow in less than two weeks and it's still on the ground. That is because not only has it snowed again, it has been COLD! We warmed all the way up to 17 degrees the other day. A couple of recent mornings have found us with temperatures hovering around zero. To add to the mess, we traded in our 4-wheel drive Izusu Rodeo in August for a front wheel drive van. I know we would not have had to dig the Rodeo out of the end of our son's street twice. Today I was to go shopping with the son and his family. We're going to wait until 1:00 and let some other travelers make a path in the city streets before we venture out. After making his drive to work, hubby suggested I stay home. I don't want to stay home on my last day of Christmas Vacation. Danged snow.
No comments:
Post a Comment