About an hour old holding Daddy's hand. ~ February 16, 2009
Our little bit o'honey crawls at lightening speed. Takes a step without knowing it. Feeds herself with her cute, chubby, long fingers. Leans her head against me while drinking her juice from her sippy cup. Sticks her fingers into my mouth and up my nose. Grabs my hair. Pats my shoulder. Kicks her shoes off. Naps on a sleeping GamPa's shoulder. Pets the dogs and bats them away when they get in her space. Bangs the stacking cups. Jingles the bells. Tries to get away when changing her diaper. Sometimes pottys like a big girl. Loves Karaoke. Sways, bounces and swivels her hips to the rockin' sounds of "I Bought Me A Cat" and "Yodeler on a Mountain So High". Says Mama, more, baby, puppy, done, me, and Gamma...well, something to that effect anyway. Crawls into my lap while I'm on the floor and leans back against my chest; her hair smelling like lavender. Holds her arms out for GammaMoo to hold her. Rests her head on mine when I tell her secrets. Smiles for the camera. Laughs at funny noises. Gives slobbery, sweet as honey kisses. Did I mention she's a genius?
Napping with GamPa ~ February 12, 2010
Enjoying her birthday cake. ~ February 13, 2010
Two things I realize: 1) My children did the same things and I loved cuddling with them and watching them grow and was excited about every development. They, too, were geniuses. However, along with motherhood comes responsiblity, worry and every day chores that sometimes muddle my memory of those experiences. Gammas worry, too. But it's not a 24/7 situation. It's cuddle and play and sing time when she's with us. 2) I'd better savor the moments with my granddaughter. One day Bit o'Honey won't smile big while holding her arms out to Gamma to be held and won't laugh at my silly faces. Let's not think about it.
With GammaMoo and Coach Bill Self on her first birthday.
February 16, 2010

No comments:
Post a Comment