Tuesday, February 09, 2010

The Dog House - My First Rant

We have three dogs.  One has been with us for 10 years.  She's a poodle mix and a bitch.  One has been with us for three years.  He's ADHD.  A dumb Husky dog.  One has been with us for a year.  He's a Chihuahua and has Little Man Syndrome.  The three of them are driving me nuts.  Every time the Husky comes in or goes out, whether it's the deck door or his kennel, the Chihuahua barks and snaps at him.  The poodle mix gets after both of the males.  If the Husky gets too close to something she thinks is hers (people, toys, food, the other dog, etc.) she growls and bites at his neck.  The Husky barks at everyone and jumps on every visitor.  And at least two of these dogs are peeing on my furniture.  We've had to block off half of the house because our chairs were being urinated on, a wooden rocking chair was being chewed on and our down comforter was peed on at least twice.  I've had to clean carpet and furniture numerous times and I'm quite tired of it.  Pissed, if you will.

After finding two wet spots on a chair this evening, I made my feelings clear.  No dogs out of their kennels if we are not in the family room with them.  Something has to be done.  I even mentioned giving them away, which was met with irritation, the instruction that I'd have to do that and a family member leaving the room.  I don't want to give them away.  I just want them to behave and to quit urinating on our furniture.  Why am I the only one that expects that from dogs that have been "house trained" for years?

We don't have expensive furnishings.  In fact, the chairs that are the object of the dogs attention now were my Grandmother's chairs that my sister had for nine years or so.  I just want to keep what we do have in as nice of condition as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment