Friday, May 28, 2010

The Week in Review

Snippets of my week.  How much excitement can one stand?
  • I got my hair cut.  In fact, I called in and practically begged them to get me in so I could get it cut before my 35th high school class reunion.  And, of course, I'm not thrilled with the results.  As I tell my hubby, I've yet to see a hair style that looks attractive on a bowling ball.
  • A friend and I attended a presentation at the Kansas Historical Museum last evening on "The History of the Jayhawk".  This was presented by the KU Libraries and was informative and entertaining.  There are numerous depictions of the Jayhawk prior to the one most everyone is familiar with these days: the smiling Jayhawk.  Some were a little scary and ugly, to be truthful.
  • Hubby and I have had supper with our kids and granddaughter four evenings this week.  That was a highlight of the week, for sure.  Granddaughter finally got to enjoy her tree swing in our back yard.  It was wonderful to see and hear her laugh as I pushed her.
  • Our "patio" tomato plant is not faring well.  This is a tomato plant purchased at Sam's Club.  There were little tomatoes on it when I brought it home.  It's in a pot and is does not need to be transplanted.  In fact, it has a built in cage.  I put it in our normal tomato plant spot and have watered and fertilized it and still it looks droopy; leaves are turning yellow and brown.  The tomatoes have grown but are looking a little sickly.  It looks as if our tomatoes may have to come from the Farmer's Market this summer. 
  • I finished the first section of "Breaking Dawn", the last book in the 2005 - 2008 hit vampire "Twilight Saga" series by Stephanie Meyer, last night.  The wedding and honeymoon were good until...  Strange.  The second section seems to have taken another direction and I am afraid I will be left to wonder about Bella for awhile.
  • The Royals beat the Boston Red Sox last night by a score of 4 - 3.  That's a good start to a four-game series.
  • It's a quiet morning at work.  At the moment I am the only one in the office.  Everyone but the student assistants and myself are at a retreat with the Orientation Assistants.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that we don't have any major problems while I am in charge.

No comments:

Post a Comment