- My teeth were professionally cleaned for the first time in several years. They feel so much better. I know, I'm to have this done every six months, but every time I'd go to the dentist they'd tell me I needed $omething expen$ive done: a graft on both upper and lower gums or a crown, for instance. There's not the money in this household for those items. So I quit going. And then in early spring of this year, a tooth broke. I called a dentist and after a visit to his office, scheduled an extraction. We're talking a $39 extraction versus $700 for crown. That was an easy choice based on money only. But when I got to thinking of my mouth with a gaping hole in my teeth, I was most unhappy. Tears were shed. Another call was made to the dentist, money was pulled (pardon the pun) from thin air and I received my second crown. Anyway, at the latest visit, the dentist found only one cavity after all those years, but did suggest it would be better served with a crown. I'm going with the filling for now.
- I was called for an interview for a position in the Department of Student Housing at the university where I work. My bosses reaction was something like this: "Good, I'm happy for you! Son-of-a-bitch. Great!" It's a crazy time in our office, so that reaction wasn't too unexpected. First, we're going through a reorganization which means the orientation office will now report to a different Asst. Vice Provost. Second, the position I currently hold is being changed and my boss is having to figure out how to get the work I won't be doing after the reorganization done. Third, we are interviewing for an Assistant Director position in our office. My boss has been asking for this position for 18 months. Fourth, it's orientation season. So during our busiest time of the year, we're also working through this reorganization and wondering if there will be an orientation office, let alone if we'll have jobs. Now comes my interview and, should the offier arise, the decision of whether or not I want to leave my current job. It is a stressful, crazy time.
- Hubby, DIL, granddaughter and I went to campus town yesteday for lunch at a bbq restaurant I really like. We called and invited Hubby's brother and sister-in-law. No one but myself had eaten there and I believe the newbies enjoyed the bbq sandwich and sauces, as much as I did. The visit with the in-laws was nice, as well. We hadn't seen them in several months, even though they just live an hour from our home. I think that visit brought some clarity to my thought about relatives. More on that later.
- It's Sunday. That means the normal activities of lunch with Hubby at the Club and supper here with the kids. In addition, I'm going interview outfit shopping and returning to Cracker Barrel to exchange a shirt for the granddaughter. That shirt would have trouble going over the head of a newborn, let alone a child wearing 3T clothing.
2019 in Review
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment