Hubby, Granddaughter, Daughter IL and I visited my office Saturday, as Hubby had never been to the new office and we were all going to Campus Town for lunch. It was a "Kodak Moment", as many are with Granddaughter, and I had to send some photos out to co-workers, family and other friends the next day. Here's what I came up with. (For those that are not familiar with our orientation programs, "Making Smart Choices" was a session name.)
Making Smart Choices
By Granddaughter
Gamma took me to visit her office Saturday morning. We looked at the conference room, paused at the front desk and wandered through all of the offices. Gamma told me a little about what each person does for the new students coming to K.U. We then entered the sacred ground of Gamma’s office. She talked about all of her job duties and the fun she had and then she told me how I could grow up and become the BPRS person for New Student Orientation. Seriously??? Way too cool! I was drooling just thinking about the possibilities. “Oooh, that sounds like the job for me, Gamma. May I give it a try?”

The chair was comfy and the phone had lots of neat buttons. Gamma kept saying, “How’d you do that?” (I’m just that smart.) Everything was great until I saw how much work was involved: Budgets; Payroll; Calling FO to change light bulbs; Laying hands on the copier to make duplexed copies; moving every year or two. “What?!?” I asked incredulously? “You can’t buy pens at Walmart?!?” And multi-tasking?!? What’s that? I can’t even say that word. After a few minutes of work, I thought about my tour and remembered what Gamma had told me and, at the ripe old age of 17 months, made the biggest decision of my life. “No thanks, Gamma.”, I said. “I think I’ll become …
NSO’s Director!”
The End.
No comments:
Post a Comment