If I remember right, the title of this blog contains lyrics to a Faron Young song by the same name. I like the song. However, this blog does not pertain to singing. It is in reference to the fact Hubby and I did something fun together at 4:00 a.m. today. Get your mind out of the gutter and keep reading.
We awoke and watched the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton! A Royal Wedding doesn't happen just every day and I'd been looking forward to attending from across the pond for weeks. Actually, I think going to the Princess Diana display at Union Station in Kansas City back at the end of March piqued my curiosity about Princess Diana's firstborn's wedding. I remember watching Prince Charles and Diana's wedding back on July 29, 1981. My stars, that's 30 years ago. It was spectacular. And to my memory, today's ceremony is the only Royal Wedding since then.
There is just something surreal about the Royal family. Not having lived in Europe, I don't understand this type of government. But their government is not what attracts me to their lifestyle. It's the magic. The castles. The changing of the guards. The horse-drawn, gold-gilded carriages wheeling past hundreds of thousands of "commoners" waiting anxiously on their tip toes for a glimpse of the Prince and his new bride. The majesty of Westminster Abbey and the view from what seemed to be the top of the bell tower down to the red carpet. The first kiss on the balcony of Buckingham Palace with the Queen and several Princes behind the couple. It's the Rodgers and Hammerstein's "Cinderella" from my childhood come to life.
So my Prince, suggested we set the alarms for 4:00 this morning in order to watch another fairytale wedding. It did not disappoint. William and Kate, now the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, are married. The wedding gown was beautiful. The tiara sparkled. The Prince was handsome in his red military uniform. Their first public kiss as man and wife was short, but tender and sweet. They looked so happy as they waved to the thousands cheering below. My wish is for them to live happily ever after.
I must tell you, this momentous event prompted me to stop and buy some English Breakfast Tea and English Tea Cookies to share with the office. I'm feeling a little British today. Cheerio!
(Photos from CBS and Huffington Post.)
2019 in Review
6 years ago



Okay, am I your Prince, or your Duke? Duke, duke, duke, duke of earl, duke duke...
ReplyDelete