Saturday, November 19, 2011

Things Sugar Says


Sugar was here last night for her every-other Friday night with Daddy.  She spent some of her evening being mommy to her baby; feeding him food from a bowl and then from a bottle  We read "Marley and the Runaway Pumpkin" and she played drums with a mixing bowl, a saucepan, a small plastic dish, a wooden spoon and a baby spoon.  Sugar never lacks for something to occupy her time.

At some point in the evening, I put my arms out to her and said, "Come here.  I need a hug."  Sugar ran right over and cuddled up to me.  My arms went around her and I gave her a squeeze as I rested my head on hers.

Just as I was about to hug her again, she backed away, hands out, palms down motioning as if telling a dog to get down and said, "Ok.  Ok.  Ok."

Well, well.  The tender moment is over Gamma.  Back to the serious task of play.

Now, for your viewing entertainment, Sugar getting down on the drums.


No comments:

Post a Comment