Sunday, October 21, 2012

The Things Sugar Says

Just a few things Sugar has said, before I forget them.

  1. Last Tuesday evening, Sugar was seated at the table as I was getting my supper dished up.  She says, "Gamma, I love you when you're gone."  This was her way of saying she loves me even when we're not together.
  2. Son was getting Sugar ready to go back to her Mom on Saturday morning.  She really wasn't too keen on going.  "Sugar," her Daddy said, "You'll be going to Boo at the Zoo today with your Mommy, Grandparents, Uncle and Cousin and you're going to have so much fun." "But, Daddy, I want you to go, too."  *sigh*
  3. This morning when Son picked up Sugar for the day, she said, "Daddy, I miss you and Mommy."
  4. Sugar made quick friends with her Great Aunt Cedar Rapids (GACR) today.  They hadn't seen each other in a year and Great Aunt and Great Uncle Cedar Rapids were at our home for Sunday dinner.  Sugar took us to her and Blueberry's bedroom and showed GACR her kitchen and grill.  She made what I understood to be "hot chocolate dessert" in a tea cup and offered it to me.  I pinched a bit between my finger and thumb, "tasted" it, and handed the dessert to GACR for a taste.  GACR also took a bit between her fingers and proclaimed it delicious.  Sugar looks at us incredulously and says, "You can't drink hot chocolate with your fingers!!!"  Oops!
Sugar with Daddy on a hay wagon ride at the pumpkin patch. ~ October 21, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment