Our family attended the Renaissance Festival Sunday. This was my third visit. It takes some getting used to and honestly, the first visit to "Canterbury" gave me the creeps. (However, I must admit, I did enjoy those "
Jolly Rogers"!) This time the Renaissance atmosphere didn't bother me as much. It was the first time we've gone as an entire family, granddaughters and all, and the "Pirate Ale Fest" was as much fun as I'd hoped it would be.
 |
| Here's everyone except the photographer. One granddaughter has outgrown her stroller! |
We enjoyed the sights:
 |
| A Renaissance family. |
 |
| Me bloomers a'blowin in the breeze. |
and the sounds:
 |
| These pirates sang about a cow and the wench's sister and then the Dutchess arrived to collect taxes. |
 |
| And this group of scallywags sang a dirty song. |
|
and the food:
 |
| They are enjoying hot dogs, but we also had ye old pork tenderloin, cheese waffle fries and turkey legs. |
|
|
One of us even dressed the part:
 |
| That is a pirate vest, matey. |
Even with all of that entertainment, I think I enjoyed watching the granddaughters interact with each other most of all.
Yes, it was a fun day with the family. I'm not sure how closely the characters actually come to historic accuracy, but, it's the fun that counts.
ReplyDelete