Saturday, February 11, 2012

Divas, Divos, and Ding-a-Lings


This article from "The Week" got me going.  I remember Van Halen's brown M&M's request.  Thought it was nuts.  Still do.  Nothing has changed, I see. In fact, it gets worse.  Here are my immediate thoughts:

We should be ashamed that we've helped create these monsters and continue to allow them to make such outrageous demands.  Furthermore, why should a person who chooses to make their living singing or acting make such crazy amounts of money??  Quit idolizing them.  Quit buying their music.  Quit paying such unbelievable amounts for a concert or movie ticket. They are no better than you or I and should feel terrible for gouging their fans.  Yep, they l-o-v-e their fans...all the way to the bank.  Stop the madness.



1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:48 PM

    I'm sure there may be a few who are just testing the waters to see if anyone is really paying attention. And then there are the divas who think people should cater to their every whim no matter how strange and demanding, as well as demeaning, it may be. They need to live in the real world with the rest of us. It's the reason I don't idolize celebrities. Give your respect to parents or teachers or someone that makes a REAL difference in you life.

    ReplyDelete