Monday, February 20, 2012

Happy News!


Finally...some good news for our son.  He accepted a position with the State today and will begin his new job on March 5!  He interviewed two weeks ago this coming Wednesday and knew they had called a reference last week, but the wait was excruciating.  When he heard, at his first break today, a message on his phone to call, he was a bundle of nerves.  They wouldn't call with regrets, would they? 

A little after ten he called me and his dad and I could hear the joy in his voice as he said, "I get to give my two weeks notice today!"  "Really?!?  That's great!", was my reply and then I had his dad come to the phone so son could repeat his good news.  We've all been on cloud nine since that call.  Subsequent calls were made by Son to his sister, grandparents, and best friends, while FB messages were frequently setting his phone off during our celebratory supper at a favorite restaurant.

Son has been trying to get another job for years.  He never intended this retail job to last over 10 years.  However, I can tell you, he is great at his job.  Co-workers are already lamenting his last day and his customers will also miss him.  One manager said it will take six people to replace our son.  What a nice thing for Son to hear.

So congratulations and best of luck, Son!  You'll do a great job and the State is lucky to have you on board.  xoxo!

No comments:

Post a Comment