My granddaughter fell off of the bed this evening. We'd gone to the bedroom to change her diaper and I turned to put the wipes and Vaseline in the basket just three feet away. When I turned around, she had crept her way to the edge of the bed and was sitting up. I hollered at her, but that's no use with a one year old. She sat up, turned her body to face the wall and went down feet first. Her forehead hit the wall and thee back of her head hit the box springs. I yelled her name and move the bed from the wall to get to her. She was bawling. I was near it.
Her Daddy was right there, checked for blood, calmed her down a bit and tried to make me feel better. Granddaughter eyeballed me from her Daddy's shoulder as if she was giving me the dickens. A few minutes later Granddaughter was sitting on her Gampa's and my laps resting her head on each of us in turn and holding on to one of Gampa's fingers and one of mine while sucking on her binkie. She has a red spot on her forehead between her eyes and a lump on the back of her head.
After they went home, Hubby came to give me a hug and I cried. My stomach still hurts from worry and replaying her fall in my head over and over. I couldn't get there fast enough to keep her from falling. I'll worry until I hear she made it through the night and is OK.
(See comments for an update.)
2019 in Review
6 years ago
UPDATE: Granddaughter survived the fall without a bump or bruise to be seen the following day. She came to see us the next evening and, as per before the fall, put her arms out to come see me as soon as she walked in the door. *sigh* She warms my heart.
ReplyDelete