A few weeks ago I looked out the front door to see what was taking the Granddaughter and Son so long to get into the house. Son waved me off as if I were interrupting something oh so important, so I returned to the kitchen.
Soon I heard them come in the front door and a little voice hollered, "Gamma!" I turned to see Sugar standing there with a dandelion clutched in her three-year-old hand. "I got a flower for you!" "It's beautiful!", I replied and gave her a big hug and kiss.
What's more wonderful than the first flower of spring being delivered by the sweetest little cube of Sugar there is? It was put in a baby food jar of water and proudly displayed on the dining room table.
I didn't get a photo that evening, but we were out in the back yard (prior to it's first mowing of the season - sorry) last evening and Sugar was again admiring the dandelions. She also had fun with the dandelion seed puffs, blowing on them and watching it "snow", as she said. Gotta love it!
| Smelling her harvest. ~ April 10, 2012 |
No comments:
Post a Comment