That's right. Little Bluberi Waphel entered this world one year ago today at 1:45 p.m. If Gampa and I have a hard time believing she's been here 365 days, I can only imagine how her parents feel. No, I know how her parents feel. In fact, Bluberi's mom celebrated her 33rd birthday this past Sunday. There's no doubt about it, time flies.
| Bluberi - Her birth day ~ May 24, 2011 |
| Bluberi on blanket I crocheted for her ~ 3 months ~ August, 2011 |
| Tired of this photo shoot ~ 6 months ~ November, 2011 |
![]() | |
| Napping after a stroll around the neighborhood ~ 9 months ~ February, 2012 |
| Waiting to taste her 1st birthday cake! |
The next semester I began picking her up from day care every other Wednesday afternoon. The weather has been nice enough to spend some time swinging in a few parks. Bluberi's first time in a swing, she sat stiff as a board, looking at the ground as if to let me know it was a long way down there. Now she sits back and enjoys the ride and fusses when I take her out to head home. Yesterday it was too warm to go to the park, so we went to Sonic instead and I purchased a chocolate root beer blended float. After getting home, we shared our treat and Bluberi loved it! As I was leaving, she walked her way along the couch to me for another sip. I took a swig and left her the rest. Going for ice cream was a treat my grandparents shared with me, and I am doing my best to continue the tradition.
Bluberi has really changed the last few weeks. She babbles in sentences and with emphasis, she stands on her own, she delights in trying to take a few steps to her Mommy, she's warmed up to Gampa and Uncle K, and she has given me a few kisses. You have to earn those sweet little kisses.
Do I have to tell you I treasure every minute I get with Bluberi? I don't think so. It's important to me that, when she's old enough to form memories, she'll have many happy ones to recall with her Gamma. As for now, she may not remember the blended root beer float, but the smiles she give me tell me she knows she's loved. And when Bluberi pats me on my shoulder, I know she's a little fond of Gamma, too.
Happy Birthday, Bluberi!

No comments:
Post a Comment