Every once in awhile, someone on Facebook ticks off another entry on their Bucket List. What is a Bucket List, you ask? It's a list of goals a person hopes to complete before death and began, as far as I know, with the Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman movie "The Bucket List". You know, things like: see the top 100 movies of all time, make a t-shirt quilt, climb Mt. Kilimanjaro, play the guitar in a country band, scuba dive with a shark, hang glide over the Grand Canyon, learn to speak Italian, visit all 50 states, read War and Peace, complete a triathlon, learn to crochet, pay off all debt, lose 50 pounds. You get the idea.
Well, I have become a little jaded over the years. Things I would like to do just don't happen. As you might know, most of these things don't come free. I think like the quote in the Dove chocolate candy wrapper pinned to my bulletin board at work: "A pessimist is an optimist with experience". Therefore, there are no extraordinary items on my Bucket List, but I decided I would share it just the same. Here it is:
Clockwise from top left (in case you can't enlarge the photo):
Ice cream bucket: Mom's vanilla with chocolate syrup, please.
Stainless bucket with pink flowers: A girl can never have enough pretty buckets in pink.
Antique bucket: This one reminds me of my grandparents.
KFC bucket: Nothing tastes better than a bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken.
Oval stainless bucket: Nice for flowers.
Yellow plastic bucket: Ahh...to live on a beach and build sand castles.
Corona bucket: Enough in this bucket to last me for five years!
Emergency Food Supply: Never get caught in a disaster without an emergency food supply that doubles as a toilet.
White leather bucket seats: I'd like to cruise around in these bucket seats.
Buckets in assorted colors: These are so colorful!
2019 in Review
6 years ago

I thought your "bucket list" was very clever, though, to be honest I'd rather have a bucket of Church's chicken.
ReplyDelete