Friday, August 26, 2011

The Tests

It was time for my yearly women's exam two months ago and one of my prescriptions needed refilled last week.  The doctor's office wouldn't refill it until I went in to discuss my prescriptions.  This infuriates me as it costs me an office visit co-pay and I feel if they are forcing me to come in, I shouldn't have to pay the co-pay.  Not to mention it was one of my blood pressure medications.  So I scheduled an appointment for my exam, which is covered 100% - no co-pay - and to visit about the prescriptions.  Tricky, huh?

While there, the PA and I discussed several items including my concerns about lack of memory, being tired all the time, my blood pressure being excellent but somewhat low recently and aching all over.  I got in as much as I could on BCBS's dime.  Several solutions were discussed before I left.

The next morning I went in for a blood draw so they could run them through the lab.  Yesterday the nurse called with test results.  All was well, but the PA was wondering if my symptoms could be caused by sleep apnea.  Had I been tested before?  Yes, a couple of times and there is a machine sitting on the floor next to my bed that hasn't been used for years.  I'd find myself yanking the mask off in the middle of the night, so quit using the machine.  We decided I should have another test.  So in addition to setting up a mammogram, x-ray for my back and calling BCBS to find out what I'd have to pay and where I can go for these tests, I now have to find a location for a sleep apnea test and see what that will cost me.  Didn't the doctor's office use to make those arrangements?

Anyway, I went home and began telling hubby at supper about the test results and the sleep apnea conversation.  I told him, "The PA thought sleep apnea might be the cause of my symptoms: blood pressure, feeling tired all the time and...and... Dang it, what was the third thing?  Oh, yeah...memory loss!"  And as those two words came out of my mouth, Hubby and I began laughing.  "You slay me, Sly", hubby said.  Good grief...

No comments:

Post a Comment