Tuesday, August 23, 2011

An Evening at the Beauty Parlor

Granddaughter number one (now to be known as Sugar.  As in 'sugar and spice and everything nice'.  Spice = Granddaughter number two.) is here tonight for her overnight stay with her Daddy.  The evening bath ritual goes like this:  Daddy bathes her.  Gamma carries her, bundled in a towel, to the bedroom for baby lotion, songs and pajamas.  Then we head to the bathroom to brush her hair and teeth.  However the bathroom is now known as the Beauty Parlor at bath time.

It used to be I would have Sugar stand on the toilet seat while I brushed her hair and put clippies in to hold her bangs out of her eyes.  Then she'd brush her teeth.  When they were shiny white, she'd jump up in my arms and I'd hold her in front of the mirror and tell her, "Bella!  Bella!"  She'd then grin and pull the clippies out of her hair.

Now our routine includes Sugar styling Gamma's hair.  I have to sit down on her footstool which is about ten inches high.  (Do I love her, or what?)  Sugar gets a tissue out of the box and places it under my chin, as a stylist would do with a cape.  Next she heads behind me to brush my hair.  I'm not sure exactly what Sugar has been saying while she brushes, but it's so sweet and goes something like this: It's dangerous out in the world.  You stay here.  You'll be safe."  My guess is it's from the movie "Tangled".

Tonight I videoed a bit of Sugar in action in the Beauty Parlor.  She got a little camera shy, but you'll get the idea.


2 comments:

  1. Bethany10:17 AM

    Too cute! I wonder what her justification was for shutting the shower door - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe she was making us safe.

    ReplyDelete