Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Lettuce Butt

One of my more recent pet peeves is lettuce butt. At least that's what I call it. This is a lovely turkey sandwich on a multigrain bun with lettuce and cheese. Yes, there is lettuce on the sandwich from one end to the other, but not from back to front. Once I removed the center of this leaf of lettuce, which I don't eat and call "lettuce butt", I was left with two little pieces of lettuce that didn't cover a third of the sandwich. Come on...give me some lettuce with substance. Iceburg lettuce is good enough for me. At least a high percentage of every leaf is edible. This is mostly waste. Lettuce butt.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:14 PM

    Yes, it kind of cheapens the sandwich. For what they charge for sandwiches like that, the least they could do is put some better quality greens on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bethany10:22 AM

    I like that part. It's got fiber.

    ReplyDelete