Saturday, April 14, 2012

Photography Workshop


Earlier this week I received an email telling me of an online photography workshop offering five days of information free.  Yes, free.  It was through CreativeLive.com and titled "Fundamentals of Digital Photography".  The instructor has some 30 years of photography experience and among other things, spent two years with a guy that hosted a travel show.  He was showing photos taken in places from Africa to Alaska to Australia.  Jea-lous.

Anyway, I was excited to find out when this workshop was going to be held because I wanted to participate.  My digital camera doesn't get used like it should and I am not pleased with the photos coming off of the card.

Well guess what.  The workshop was held from noon - 5:00 p.m.  That's right, during my work hours.  Aarghhh!  So my lunch hours were spent watching this guy explain bits of lighting, lenses, shutter, aperture, rule of thirds, exposure, lines, etc.  I gathered quite a bit of information in just five hours, but I sure would like to have watched the entire 25 hours.  Maybe after I retire.

No comments:

Post a Comment