Tuesday Gampa and I spent the day with Sugar and did some running around for about five hours. When we returned home a couple of hours after eating lunch, I opened the package of Oreos and grabbed three for me, two for Gampa and two for Sugar. (I don't know how I ended up with an extra...) It was snack time.
We snuggled down on the couch, Sugar on my lap leaning against me, and began twisting our cookies apart to get to that magical cream filling. As she licked hers off, I showed her how an Oreo aficionado does it, and scraped the frosting off with my bottom teeth. What do you know, it worked for her, too. And then it happened.
Sugar reaches into my hand and takes MY LAST OREO!!! The gall. The nerve. Where do kids learn such behavior? I was about to voice my displeasure when Sugar turns her head up to me and, with the same two big brown eyes that get her out of mischief every once in awhile, sweetly stated, "Thanks for sharing, Gamma. I knew you would."
HA! Sugar kills me!
ReplyDelete