A couple of years ago we purchased a birdhouse at a family reunion fundraiser. It is made of wood from one of the out-buildings on my grandparents farm. Technically, I believe it is now my cousin's farm, but it will always be Grandma and Granddad's farm to me. Anyway, the birdhouse was hung from the framework of the back deck awning. The back end gets a little wet in a storm, but the entry stays dry.
Little wrens have been buzzing around the deck for several weeks. Yesterday when Sugar and I were out pulling imaginary carrots and lettuce from the back yard, I could hear the little babies chirping away and brought it to Sugar's attention. She stopped under the birdhouse, tipped her head waaay back and listened and listened. I had pointed out the mommy and daddy birds taking food to their babies last weekend when we were sitting on the back deck; the birdhouse swaying back and forth. "Maybe they're rocking the babies to sleep.", Sugar said. Maybe, indeed.
| Hammer House with baby wren waiting for Mommy and Daddy. ~ April 24, 2012 |
No comments:
Post a Comment